By Christoforus da Silva
Nov 20, 2007, 06:11
The Balibo verdict means any Australian, Brit or for that matter New Zealander in, going to and / or investing in Indonesia is a traitor to what they say they hold dear.
Anyway, what exactly happened in Balibo according to true Australian Dorelle Pinch?
1) Australia and no doubt Britain and the USA knew Indonesia was going to unlawfully invade East Timor; evidence shows then Prime Minister Gough Whitlam knew at least a full 2 days before the Indonesian forces invaded, yet did nothing to protect Australian and other Commonwealth citizens who might be caught up in it.
2) Indonesian troops dressed up as Timorese “Fretlin” defense volunteers, as they feared they might be defeated otherwise by a much smaller and lesser equipped army (the Indonesian TNI are probably the most ineffective armed forces in the world as they have been trained to control and even murder civilians by the US CIA).
3) The guilty Indonesian military detachment led by Yunus Yosfiah, now a respected politician in Jakarta, knew the Balibo news team was there and hunted them down with the explicit order to murder them. This was confirmed by evidence from the Australian Defence Signals Directorate which intercepted Indonesian military radio transmissions at the time from East Timor confirming to Jakarta that the journalists had been murdered as per orders.
4) The two Australians, two Britons and one New Zealander were murdered after, repeat after they had surrendered to the invading Indonesian forces.
5) Since that time, despite knowing what really happened, Jakarta, Canberra and London have maintained that the Balibo reporters were killed in crossfire, when in fact they were shot and macheted to death and Yunus Yosfiah both gave the command to kill them plus took the honour of firing the first shot into a defenseless western journalist at point blank range. It should be noted that the Indonesian forces could not even kill unarmed civilians without botching it as two of the reporters made it to a house for safety but were then dragged out to be hacked to death. The way they were murdered goes beyond state orders; it shows the Indonesian troops involved enjoyed what they were doing.
Why did Jakarta order its troops to kill the five Balibo foreign reporters? Because they did not want film evidence of their dirty cowardly tricks, such as dressing up as Timorese soldiers, or their wholesale murder of East Timorese civilians making it to TV newsrooms and Newspaper editor’s desks around the world. Jakarta had invaded East Timor under the false pretence that it was going in to save Timorese civilians, so it did not want the world to have hard evidence they were actually going in to do the reverse. Plus the fact the rulers of Indonesia, street dogs from Java, Sumatra and South Sulawesi hate westerners, especially Australians; do not ever doubt it.
Jakarta’s reaction to the Balibo inquest is they are irritated by something they see as an internal Australian affair. Even the military controlled murder state’s civilian administration chief Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono was quick to say that Indonesia did not accept the verdict, that the reporters were killed in crossfire and that it was a closed case which they would never look at; hmmmm. Opening up this old can of worms would show the world, besides the western politicians that support them and know already, just what an unlawful and illegal state Indonesia is to this day. You see, the TNI are never, ever going to allow their most decorated officer Yunus Yosfiah to stand trial for war crimes, especially when he was taking orders from even more senior officers and likely Suharto himself. Plus Mohammad Yunus Yosfiah, to give him his full name, is a member of the powerful People's Consultative Assembly and actually stood for election this year as chairman of the Muslim-based United Development Party, the third most powerful political party after Golkar (Suharto and Kalla) and the PDI-P (Megawati). Plus Yunus was Minister of Information in the Indonesian Government in 1998 to 1999 during which term evidence exists he was responsible for channeling government money to pro-Indonesian East Timorese militia groups to murder civilians (and peacekeepers) prior to the referendum, so his murderous ways lingered on and implicate virtually every powerful Indonesian politician in and out of office today. My word but if Yunus Yosfiah stood trial for war crimes outside Indonesia, every nasty piece of human garbage in office in Jakarta would be exposed.
Do not forget Indonesia still accepts no wrong in East Timor, both regarding the invasion in 1975 and bloody withdrawal in 1999, claiming no human rights violations were ever made except by the UN, Australia and Portugal of course. Do not forget Indonesia murders civilians to this day using the same tactics of blaming others and has never repeat never accepted fault over a single human rights abuse case, despite the fact Jakarta is reckoned to have committed more state murders than Burma (Myanmar). Do not forget the man Howard’s feds let off the hook and then sucked up to Sutiyoso, who was a senior TNI commander and reported to be involved in Balibo stands a good chance of being elected as Indonesian president in 2009.
So what are you going to do cobbers? Are you going to keep on sticking your pious noses in the air, making out Indonesia is somehow OK, pretending Bali is somehow not part of Indonesia, making out you have some high moral standing, falsely believing Howard’s jack boot foreign agenda puts dollars in your pockets while he dishes our his mix of almost racist domestic policies inciting the Neanderthals in you? Or are you going to kick Howard out and hold Rudd to his word (quote: "The people responsible for the Balibo Five murders in East Timor 32 years ago must be held to account") that justice will be done before your own children start kicking you? Because many analysts agree Indonesia is a time bomb and what the west has done and is doing is simply delaying what they created in the first place, making the inevitable explosion greater. So your descendants will have to live with the cesspit created by Uncle Sam with your help and which you are sustaining to this day across the Timor Sea. Howard and company deliberately make Indonesia out to be a potential military threat today, hence the need to befriend and massively financially support them. Actually tiny Singapore is more militarily capable right now according to military experts but murderous Indonesia has plans to change that and with Australian tax payers dollars no less. So the only reason for supporting Indonesia is to get a corporate shareholder piece of the stolen West Papua cake and closed bid oil and gas contracts around the archipelago, hoping the suppressed population will smile the theft by in perpetuity without grudge. Let us be candid, the everyday Indonesian people have every right and justification to hate Jakarta, the USA, Australia and “Great” Britain, and unless something about the illegal farce called the Republic of Indonesia is done soon, the bang when it comes will afflict Australia like no-one care imagine.
If you are British or Australian and you go to Bali on holiday or otherwise support Indonesia, you are traitors to your own stated values and your children. Do not travel to or invest in Indonesia until Brian Peters and his four friends are given the justice they deserve. Do not ingratiate the hate state of Indonesia with your dollars until they have fair elections, until the government runs the military (not the other way around), until all political parties are allowed (including regional, Christian, pro-Independence and yes, even socialist parties), until human and civil rights are respected and upheld, until those who committed state crimes against humanity in Indonesia are bought to justice and the victims compensated. Do not believe the BS that Indonesia is a democracy and ally of the west; they are enemies of humanity, despise foreigners (especially westerners) and friends only to crooks out to bleed the people of Indonesia of their natural resources and human rights. Do not vote for the foreign agenda cronies in your own elections. Cut off the money supply to the murderers in Jakarta and they will fall from power and the sooner the better for everyone’s sake, especially Australians.